A short list of names I am considering:
- intimate and subversive (intimateandsubversive[dot]net): 'intimate and subversive' is how Sadie Plant describes women’s relationship with technology, I really like the sound of it and I think it describes the relationship very well, and since this project is about that relationship I think it fits really well.
- machine mother (machinemother[dot]net): this I like as well, it has a nice set of layered meanings (and as you know it is all about the layers for me :) ), giving birth to machines and being a machine, and it sounds kind of hard rock :P and suggests creative birth as well. On the cons side it does sound a little simplistic and pretentious.
- these days are numbered (thesedaysarenumbered[dot]net): as suggested by whooz_queen I love it, it is poetic and it is a lovely reference to both the timed nature of the project and also life itself. Cons, it is a little ominous and it scares me a little in terms of being confronted by my own mortality.
- fiftytwo (most variants are taken): 52 is a nice 'tell it like it is' name for a 52 week project. Cons, most variants of the name are taken so it makes both getting a domain harder and potential for misdirection greater. Also, it is maybe a little too generic.
- fifty two ways (fifty2ways[dot]net): fifty two ways to represent one’s self as a cyberfeminist online. The more I say it the more I like it. Cons, may be mistaken for this, maybe a bit too generic still.
any thoughts, comments, preferences or suggestions of other names please comment.